Baked Fried Green Beans
This is a great way to get the kids to eat their veggies!
Fresh green beans coated in Panko crumbs and parmesan cheese, then baked to golden brown perfection. A welcomed twist on a side dish or appetizer!
Delicious "baked fried" green beans
One of our favorite side dishes!
Fresh green beans with a crispy, crunchy snap always deliver a smile in our home! With half the fat as their popular rival, you can feel great knowing your'e not ruining your diet while enjoying this savory snack.
1 lb. green beans, trimmed
1 1/2 c. Panko bread crumbs
2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh-grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Parmesan cheese
1/2 c. flour
2 Tbsp of water
2 tbsp. milk
Pinch cayenne pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Set up a breading station using 3 containers. In one container, add flour. In another container, add eggs and water, and whisk to combine
- In a third container, add Panko bread crumbs, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne, and 2 Tbsp cheese. Mix together well
- Working in batches, dredge the green beans in flour, and shake off excess. Add to the egg wash, and coat fully. Add to Panko mixture, and toss to coat. I still use my hands to press the Panko mixture onto the green beans.
- Transfer the beans to the baking sheet, leaving space between the beans.
- Bake the for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from the oven, and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Serve Immediately with your favorite dip. I chose a light greek yogurt aioli